Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Should have stayed in bed



So this morning was one of those that I should have just stayed in bed and saved myself a lot of trouble. It started out normal with me nursing Gavin and some playtime...mind you Gavin is crabby and has been for a couple of days now. I am desperately searching for teeth just to have a reason behind the madness. Well, I go to take Gavin downstairs and kinda fall down a few. In light of recent events, I panic. However, after much crying on his part, he finally calmed down. (Don't worry, we were both ok). In the process of calming down, he has a blow out diaper. So we go to get a clean diaper and I notice Maddie licking her leg like crazy. I go to look and she has some sort of rash which is bleeding all over her chest. I panic, again. Between Gavin yelling, Maddie licking and the blowout, I am on the phone with Chad, my mom and the vet. The only option was to get Maddie in some sort of get up that would prevent her from licking and causing more irritation before I could get her to the dr. These pictures show what I came up with using Chad's t-shirt and hair ties. I thought it was genius and she definitely thought it was humiliating. This was all before 8:15 am. So like I said, if I had the choice (which we all know I never really did) I should have stayed in bed. Thank goodness tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am dying over here! Hilarious- poor Maddie. I've been having a should have stayed in bed week! :) Once again sounds like Gavin & big bro Zach are one in the same...