Thursday, July 3, 2008

Such a "Dad" Thing To Do....

So just recently I did something that was quite unlike me...I usually reserve this type of behavior for Chad. I went to Babies R Us to pick up a few things and I wanted to get Gavin one of these little play tables. Something he can pull up on and play around with but will be easy to move from room to room as I am doing stuff in the house. I was looking for something simple to occupy his time as opposed to outlets, cords and sharp objects. As I am looking, I find a toy that looks so great and fun. In fact, I lose all concept of purpose, intent and price and I put it in the cart. We get it assembled at home (yes, it required assembly) and my senses returned. I just looked at it and thought...what have I done?? I pulled a "DAD" move...suckered into the more expensive, grossly large and inappropriate item because who cares about practicality when it looks great. At least I had one redeeming "MOM" moment...I used a coupon!! Check out below...

For the record, peaking through this little thing gets him laughing so hard, you'd think we were doing a stand-up routine on the other side.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ha..Ha... I love this! Especially that last picture with Gavin peeking out of the flaps. I think we can all relate, and I must admit I have seen this item, and I have always wished I had it. :) I think it will be well worth it!