Tuesday, November 18, 2008

14 Months

I have to create a quick post about Gavin at 14 months. I feel like seriously he is changing so rapidly and from month to month, he will TOTALLY surprise me with new things and what he is learning.

So here are the basics....

*Takes 2 naps a day usually equalling out to 3 hours but would often sleep 2 hours in the am if I let him...which I don't otherwise the afternoon nap is too late and too short.

*Eats everything but is starting to be preferential. If something better is on the plate, he will ignore many veggies and all meat. He is now often spitting out all the chicken and turkey we give him. However, his current favs are blueberries, yogurt, cheese and anything with spaghetti sauce.

*Wearing 12-18 on top...but those chunky little legs are barely long enough for 12 month pants...go figure right??

*JUST (and I mean just as in last night) cut his 5th tooth and the 6th is coming fast and furious on its tails.

Now for the fun stuff...

*He is learning so much new stuff...Chad taught him how to kick a ball (we are still working on throwing).

*He gave his very first kisses this weekend. He has only given out about a dozen b/c apparently he is quite stingy with them...unless you are a stuffed toy or animal...then he's got his mouth all over you.

*Obviously he is still very into waving and now clapping.

*I usually have to pull him out of the bathtub b/c he just loves to be in there until he is wrinkly.

*As for speech...still not too much to report...it is POSSIBLE (just possible) he is saying MaMa but I am playing it a little conservative here and am not quite ready to call it.

*He still loves to wrestle and headbutts all his big stuffed toys and/or pillows.

*He has begun climbing onto things himself...furniture, boxes...comical but dangerous!

*He loves books and will bring you books to read to him. He also loves toys that involve matching the pieces with the same shaped hole...he loves that stuff even though he never gets it right!

*He is still crazy for dogs and other animals and will often chase Maddie around with her rope just laughing his head off. His new obsession is the fish screen saver Chad put on--he just wants to sit on your lap and look and point at them...and talk in his own language to them of course.


Overall, he is just a crazy happy kid who I love to hang out with. He makes me laugh (and knows it) but he is becoming "smart." I'm not saying smarter than any other kid his age by any means but I am slowly starting to see the understanding in his face when I talk to him. If I say lets go look at the fish, he runs to the computer and there are so many little things like that which amaze me.

So that's it....life at 14 months. Its a crazy crazy fun time.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

cute post Jen! What a little man.