Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Fall Back"

Ok...so we just had daylight savings time where we "fall back." Fine--I understand why we do it but I don't like it. I don't like changing all the clocks in my house and for the next few days wondering did I or didn't I change this clock? I don't like it getting dark at 5:00 pm (soon to be 4 pm) or that this means winter is just around the corner. However, most of all I don't like what this has done to my child's sleep schedule. Am I alone in this? We had such a great routine--bed at 8 pm and wake at 7 am. That I can handle. Now, Gavin is ALL off schedule...I still put him down at the same time each day for naps and get him to go to bed at 8 thinking that his little biological inner-clock will straighten out but nope, he is up at 6 am every morning. On the dot 6 am. That is just too early. (Not to mention, the evenings can get brutal with crabbiness since he is getting an hour less sleep a day since I am not putting him to bed earlier). So, I am writing about it b/c I am dreading tomorrow morning when I have to be ready for work before he wakes up...6 am?!?! That is too too early. So tell me, Moms who have been through this...does it get better? Will he adjust? Or am I stuck with a 6 am wake up call for now? Until then I'll just be dreaming in my one hour less of sleep nights of April when we can "spring ahead"....

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I so am right there with you. Grant woke up at 5:45, 5:45, 6:09, and this morning at 6:30...so we're slowly getting there. It has taken Grant sometime up to two weeks to adjust, so hopefully it won't be that long. It's awful. I hate it too...just one of those things you have to deal with. Spring ahead is much cooler!

Luci said...

Well, I was a schedule fanatic up until we tried to switch from 2 naps to 1 and all he** broke loose. Luckily poor luci was screwed up enough from that transistion that the time change didn't bother her too much. However, I've heard/read that slowly adjusting them by 15 mins every couple of days works well - may be worth a try?! Good Luck!!