Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Meltdowns.

This month has been especially difficult in regards to Gavin's speech....he is making progress but its slow going and its frustrating to see how far behind he is in speech. We're starting to talk about what is next on the horizon for us...in September he turns three and will start a whole different "regiment" for speech. It could be 4 times a week, it won't be in our house, it will be with different therapists, it could be in a classroom setting, it could cost A LOT more, it could not be one on one, we have to see a nuerologist, it could be something more, it could be a lot of different things.

What I do know is that lately, I feel defeated. I feel frustrated. I feel hopeless. I feel sad.

I know this isn't how I "should" feel but March has brought many tears and many meltdowns.

I'm giving myself March, but that's it.

Bring on April....and a new attitude (and if God's feeling generous, a few new words would help with that).

2 comments:

Lisa Thomson said...

Oh, Jen... It's hard to look at a future of un-knowns, especially when it comes to your kid. We will continue to be praying for Gavin and for you guys! And being that I had my own March meltdowns, I say we share a glass of wine (or two) to celebrate APRIL and SPRING!

Lesley said...

Will be praying for progress Jen, and a lifted spirit for you and Chad. I can't imagine how hard this must be. Thinking of you!