Friday, May 14, 2010

Moms Are Awesome.

Moms truly are awesome. At least the moms I know in my life are--my mom, grandmas, friends, sister-in-laws, cousins, aunts. I'm surrounded by awesome moms. I love Mother's Day for recognizing that. Being a Mom can feel like a thankless job, one that is underappreciated and barely recognized. Its true. Its a job that is tiresome, gross, dirty and hard. You often spend your days under-stimulated, over-thinking and stressed out. It is a job that wears every hat: nurse, cook, laundry lady, housekeeper, accountant, caretaker, nutritionist & teacher. That alone is enough to exhaust a person.

However, I'll be the first to admit, all the struggles are so easily forgotten because Moms are also, the first to get kisses and hugs and big baby giggles. They are wanted first after injuries and disappointments....and game winning shots and triumphs. Moms are moms for life.

Being a Mom is hard work but it is truly the best work. I love being a Mom--even if it is an underappreciated and thankless job....I wouldn't trade it for any other. And yes, Mother's Day is a great day because it reminds us all to thank our awesome Moms. So thanks Moms in my life--for giving me guidance, counsel, advice and empathy. You are super awesome.

In Gavin's words: "ahhppy mama's aaay"

Guy Talk.

Babygirl and her Grandma Judy...two beautiful pink ladies.

A little fashionista in the making.

Grandma with Gavin & Syd.

Grandma with all three lucky babies.

Going for a ride.

WHEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Moms: Heather, Grandma Y, Grandma E, Me, Mom along with our two littlest munchkins.

Lots of Mom love that day.

A token of appreciation. Thanks, babe.

1 comment:

Lisa Thomson said...

Love this post! Great pictures. Glad you had a happy mother's day! I think you're super awesome. :)