Thursday, August 26, 2010

9 Months



Sydney is 9 months old. I can't believe she has been in our lives in some way or another for a year and a half. I feel like I don't know what life is like without her but at the same time, she's closer to a year than just born. What. happened. to. my. baby!?!?!?

At 9 months she's growing by leaps and bounds (literally and figuratively). Dr. weighed her in at 25 lbs and 4 oz. I know, many of you with 18 month children have your jaws dropped (don't worry she's wearing 12-18 month clothes as well). She's also 31 inches long. She's healthy, she's happy, she's off the charts.

Here's a current list:

1 - Just a little before 9 months she pulled herself to a stand. At Silver Lake, I literally turned the corner and there she was, standing along the couch, huge grin. About a week later, she started cruising. She wasn't wasting time.

2 - The same week she moved from army crawl to full on crawl. She often puts her head down and doesn't watch where she's going...just occasionally peeks up to make sure she's still on track. Its like that little motor starts going and she's on a mission.


3 - She still growls. Alot. You growl, she'll return growl. People always laugh at this but its pretty consistent.

4 - More babbling. More sounds. No words.

5 - Starting to eat more and more table food and loving it. Fruit and veggies and dairy...we're starting meats soon. I feel like I did all of this faster with Gavin for some reason and am behind with her but she's content as long as I feed her...and quickly.

6 - Right at 9 months I dropped the other day feeding and its been amazing. Love the freedom and love the nursing cuddles morning and night with my sweet pea.

7 - Waves bye-bye. I was a doubter and a disbeliever when everyone told me they saw it but she does it. She kinda just flaps her whole arm from hand to elbow up and down but its cute. At times it almost sounds like she's adding a "baba" as well but that might be pushing it.

8 - When I'm actually typing this at 9 1/2 months she can give kisses. But look out, sometimes her tongue is out. Yummy.

9 - She loves the people that love her and recognizes them. She loves to see Daddy come home and greets him with shrieks and squeals (followed by that on a mission head down crawl). She bounces excitedly when she sees her Grandma. But overall, she goes into hysterics upon first seeing her big brother in the am, after nap, upon entering a room....or any time he pays attention. She.Loves.Him.

10 - She's rocking 6 teeth - 4 top, 2 bottom.

11 - She LOVES the bath (which really means I should give them to her more). She loves toys her brother leaves laying around, her blankie and being tickled. She hates being changed, not being fed fast enough and being confined to her exersaucer for more than two minutes.


She's a happy happy girl and I love to watch her grow...but right about now, I'd like her to stop...just for awhile because it's going too too fast.

2 comments:

Lisa Thomson said...

Awww; I love little Miss Sydney! She's such a cutie!

Lesley said...

ok...25 lbs...i don't think molly is 25lbs. love.it