Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Prayer Today

Today as I was driving I heard a song on the radio...about a daughter getting married and I started to let me mind go down this path....I prayed...


For Gavin - That God is creating a woman for him that will honor and respect him. A woman who will bring him comfort, who will bring him laughter and will bring him joy. Someone who encourages him, challenges him and delights in him.


For Sydney - That God is creating a man for her that someday will love her beyone measure. A man who will always make her feel beautiful and safe and protected. Someone to listen to her and hug her and make her smile. Someone who truly see her as a treasure. Someone like her Daddy but a perfect fit for her.


I prayed...in earnest today...that God is creating and living within the future wife and husband of my children. And someday, according to God's plan...he'll bring them together.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I love this post. I pray for my kids future spouses too, but not specifically about how they will treat them AFTER they are married. Great thought. Great prayer. Love it.

Carrie said...

I agree.. I pray for my kids spouses too! Great perspective!

Amanda A said...

Aw, that is a great post. Such a good mom, you are! It is so important to always pray for our kids... even future important people in their lives.

Lisa Thomson said...

Love this post. I remember to pray for Lo's future spouse once in awhile...and also say a prayer for that mom and dad who are out there likely going through some of the same stages and challenges as we are right now! Crazy to think about...

Megs said...

and I almost made it a entire day without crying...