Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Big Bro & Sis

Obviously, the birth of this baby has been HIGHLY anticipated and talked about in our house.  We've tried to prepare the kids as much as we could for how and when it was going to happen.  We've also been pretty open about how badly Gavin WANTED a little brother.  In fact, when we called to tell him it was indeed, another little sister, his initial response was a tear filled "I don't want a girl baby, I really want a boy!"  However, within hours he had turned a corner and was telling everyone he could about his baby sister Olivia.  He proudly told all his friends and teachers at school (even insisting on wearing his big brother t-shirt) and when he showed up at the hospital, he was beaming so huge it was priceless. 

They were so excited to see me and the baby and the baby was only slightly overshadowed with the prospect of seeing my "owie."  In fact, that was Gavin's first statement to me upon entering--"Mom, let me see your owie." 

They were quite enamored with her and took turns holding her...although when I asked who wanted to hold baby Olivia, Sydney chimed in with -- "Not me!  I'll change her diaper!"  She is a little Mommy in the making for sure.

All in all the visit was good--albeit a bit chaotic in close quarters.  They were very excited though and even though they were bouncing off the walls, I was happy to see those sweet smiles while stuck in the confines of Christ Hospital.








 Pointing out baby toes.

 I love this.

 Gavin is completely smitten.
 Whew...this is a big family of five!!
 Watching Miss O and the other babies in the nursery.

No comments: