Tuesday, June 5, 2012

One Week Old

 One week old today!

Wow--One week has come and gone in a blur of hospital and feedings and kids and family and drowsiness.  I'm not even sure how we got here!

This week has been full of wonderful and challenging moments.  I feel like I am on a rollercoaster of emotions (which is to be expected)!  I hold Miss Olivia in my arms and am overwhelmed with love and joy at her perfect little being.  I'm so glad she is here and healthy.  Then I see my other two "little" ones and I'm feeling guilty I can't give them everything they need right now.  My feelings turn on a dime.  I want to be engrossed in my kids and my husband....and two minutes later, I want them all out of the house so I can just snuggle Miss O.

All in all, week one has been pretty rough.  We are all so tired....and I'm so sore...and so limited.  The kids don't understand and they just want attention.  They have been ROUGH lately.  It seems their "go-to" coping mechanism is chaotic silly behavior to an extent of which I have never seen before.  It is unbelievable.  We are all struggling to deal.  There have been lots of tantrums, crying over very tiny details, lots of running, jumping, silly talk and basic chaos.  We're feeling like we may not survive.

But in the middle of it all....there are naps with a sweet sleeping baby on my chest, sweet cuddles from Gavin, funny comments from Sydney and plenty of adorable big brother and big sister moments with their sister.  And...a husband who has been playing with the kids and cleaning and making trips up and down the stairs for me non stop.

Life is rough and chaotic and full of tears (for a million reasons) but there is so much love that somehow we'll survive. 

No comments: