Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A little bit of history



Gavin Matthew was born on September 13, 2007 just two days after his due date. From first contraction to the last minute of labor was almost exactly 24 long hours. He weighed in at a decent 7 lb 8 1/2 oz and was 20 inches long. He had white blond hair and was very alert from the get go. Little did we know what "being so alert" would lead to. Gavin was a crazy colicky baby--hours of crying and screaming coupled with pacing and bouncing. The first 3-4 months were tough. Now at his 6 month checkup, he weighed in at 17 lb 11 oz and is 27 inches long. He has grown so much! These days he is very quick to smile (which is what most people comment on the most) but can still be a bit temperamental. I can't believe 6 months has gone by already and am amazed at how life has changed. Gavin has made me laugh, smile, cry (um, not necessarily tears of joy)...but most of all he has made me realize how much love I have to give and I wouldn't change his colicky, smiley, drive-me-crazy-stubborn personality for anything. Never has anything in my life made me more proud or humble.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

very cute! i love it!