Monday, August 18, 2008

Fifty & Fabulous

So this month my Mom turned 50...and I can't believe it. She seems too young to be turning the big 5-0. However, she turned it gracefully and I'm dedicating a post to her and why she is fabulous.

Top 6 Reasons why my Mom is fabulous and I want to be like her:





1) She is amazingly strong...I don't just mean this in the physical sense (if you have seen my mom hit her driver, you'd understand). She is the strongest woman I know. She weathers all storms that life brings and stays emphatically focused on the path the Lord has given us. She is our family's rock.



2) She is fun and crazy and will try and/or do anything. She loves to laugh and have fun. Her energetic spirit is contagious and those who are around her can't help but want to be a part of her life.


3) She loves my son probably as much as I do. She is the best Grandma. She loves to play and giggle with Gavin and will choose time with him over most things. She treasures him and loves to love him...which makes me love and appreciate her even more.



4) She is a giver...of time, energy, love. She gives of herself to all the people she loves and even those people she doesn't know that may need to just be given to. Sometimes she gives until there isn't enough left for herself because she is always thinking of others first.




5) She brings the Lord into life...her life, our life, a stranger's life...She is an amazing Christian example and she has taught me to seek Him. She is a prayer warrior that is humbled by her Creator.



6) Aside from my husband, she is my best friend. I tell her everything and she allows me to be me. She lets me cry when I need to...be not so nice when I need to...be silly when I need to...be quiet when I need to...and she welcomes me with open arms regardless. She has gotten me through some very hard times just by being who she is. As I get older people keep saying I look more like my mom...I can't think of a greater compliment. I can only hope to be as beautiful and loved as she is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I LOVE YOU!


2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aww Jen. What an amazing posting. You just made me cry. Your Mom truly is an amazing woman, and you are all truly blessed! Tell her happy birthday!

Lesley said...

That was very sweet Jen. Seriously. Very touching.