Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Making it Better

So Gavin picked up this new thing lately and its so darn cute....


As you know he is clumsy (as most 20 month olds are but he is particularly clumsy) and is constantly falling and/or hurting himself in some way. Often times I'm there to witness the injury and offer some quick encouragement and reassurance that all is ok. However, sometimes I'm not. So now if I don't see the injury occur he promptly rushes over to me while crying and points to "where it hurts"...arm, fingers, head, leg, you name it. What he wants from me is reassurance and at some point he learned Mom would "kiss and make it better." So, for I would say about 95 % of his injuries, which are more shock/drama than actual injury...he runs over, points to the spot and wants me to kiss it. At which point he instantly stops crying and returns to playing.


How much do you love that? I mean sometimes I feel like I'm straight off a tv commercial....all he needs is a kiss from Mom to make the pain go away. I just wish I could bottle that up and keep that solution for the rest of his life.

2 comments:

Lisa Thomson said...

That is so adorable...I can't wait until Lauris picks up that trick (hopefully)...seriously those are the moments you just have to cherish as a mommy!

Amanda A said...

That is so sweet, I love it! Gavin is getting so big!