Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mommy Moment

In light of Mother's Day, I thought it was necessary that I document a "mommy moment" that I had on that actual day. I did something all mothers claim they will never do but before you realize it...you are doing it at that very second. Now I may have done it before (although I don't recall) and never thought twice about it but on Sunday mid-action ...it hit me. I am so "that" mom. What was it? Something very simple...

I licked my finger and wiped something off Gavin's face.

Yep, one swift lick of the thumb and I was rubbing who knows what off his face for a picture...dirt, food...I don't know. The point isn't what was on his face, it was the action that I did. We all claim that is gross and probably tried to stop our own mothers from doing so when we hit a certain age.

Well...mid wipe I thought...what did I just do?? You know what my response was? ...another quick lick and wipe for the other cheek. I'm a Mom and I have priorities now....unfortunately level of "gross factor" has serverely dropped on the list.

1 comment:

Amanda A said...

HaHa, I have done it already too! And I do it to Jackson's hair (the rooster tail to be exact) when it is out of control! Oh how our lives have changed!!