Friday, October 8, 2010

Preschool - Day 1

Gavin's first day of school finally arrived and he was SO EXCITED!! We talked about it for days before and we talked all about his friends and "teachas" (as he says). The night before we picked out his clothes, picked out his snack and read a book about going to school. The next morning we got all ready and headed out. When we got there I made him give me a big hug and he was so excited and went right to the front of the line. He turned around and with a quick wave, said "bye mom!" That was it. I waited...like there should be more...but that was it. A butcher knife to the umbilical cord. I left feeling like I just handed over my most prized possession...which is probably because I did! As I pulled away, I saw him in line and he looked so adorable and so grown up...my eyes filled with tears but my heart filled with pride.

Upon pick up, the teacher said he did great--albeit he did have an accident in his pants (oops!) and a fall on the playground resulting in a trip to the nurse. Pretty eventful first day on all accounts. :)

Although Gavin doesn't have the ability to really tell me about his day, when I asked him about school, all he would keep saying was "MORE. MORE SCHOOL, MOM."



Excited and silly.


So grown up!!


Obsessed with wearing a backpack.


Gavin's in the "blue neighborhood."


"Mom! Too Sunny!"
Saying goodbye to Sydney.

2 comments:

Lisa Thomson said...

Awww! He is so cute with his backpack. What a milestone for you both! Glad it is going well.

Lesley said...

seriously. so. cute. he looks so grown up all of the sudden!