Friday, December 10, 2010

It's the Ears!!

The day after Sydney's first birthday party she started a clear runny nose. It got worse. And worse. Then better. Then worse. For the next 17 days she had some version of a runny nose and cold-like sickness. We took her for a 1 year check up on November 23 and since she was "snotty" were told to come back in two weeks to get her shots. It was then, and finally then when she was no better the Dr. declared - DOUBLE EAR INFECTION! Um, what!?!?

I know this may be small potatoes to alot of moms. But until this point, neither of my kids have ever had an ear infection or needed an antibiotic. Spoiled mom.

So, I'm torn. Sad that she has to go on an antibiotic and secretly wondering...will she be my "ear infection kid? But, I'm relieved and happy--in a few days she'll feel better! Thank you antibiotics for making her happy again.

And its back to the Dr. in another two weeks for those pesky shots.....

No comments: