Monday, January 25, 2010

2 Months Down!




Sydney just turned two months old and I can't believe how fast it has gone. I mean seriously, I often think of that last night before going into the hospital to have her and what life was like before that...and it still seems fresh in my mind...however, I also feel like having her here is as it should be...life is crazy and chaotic and messy and hard but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Life at two months:

Sydney weighed in at a WHOPPING 15 lbs 5 oz. She is two pounds off the charts. In fact, my pediatrician began to accuse me of overfeeding her (which is so far from the truth) so I quickly corrected her in that area. Just to compare, at 2 months, Gavin was 11 lb 10 oz and we thought he was a big baby (he weighed 15 lb 10.5 oz at 4 months).

She is 24 inches long which is 95th percentile.

She eats every 3 hours give or take which means she naps about 4 times a day...or she SHOULD but our schedule isn't very concrete right now. I dream feed her between 10 and 11 pm. She then wakes up between 3-4 am to eat. Then we are up again sometime between 7 and 8. Clearly she doesn't NEED that middle of the night feeding so its time that I start trying to wean her of it...we'll see how that goes.

Her shoulders and neck are pretty strong but we need to give her more tummy time...she's got a lot weight she has to work on pulling up. She prefers to lay/sleep with her head turned to the right which is leading to a slight flat spot....so I am making a conscious effort to make her head go the other way to correct that.

She isn't real great with the paci. I can get her to take it sometimes when she is really tired and falling asleep but so far it really doesn't do much to "pacify."

She gave me her first real smile on Christmas Eve and has only gotten more and more forthcoming with them. When she smiles, her whole faces scrunches up and you can't help but smile back at her.

She LOVES to be cuddled and to cuddle into you. She often buries her face into your arms or your shoulder or wherever she can. She's a cuddly baby and I love that. We are just starting to work on napping in the crib which I know needs to be done...but I have a hard time parting with the cuddly naps on my chest or in my arms.

She has started to "talk"...giving little coos here and there and the desire to laugh is there....when she gets real excited this throaty noise comes out...so it won't be long before we hear a giggle.

She isn't a huge drooler, we have major spit up issues only on some days but she blows spit bubbles ALL the time...she often looks like she's foaming at the mouth.

She's a pooping machine. Her poop comes in large quantities and with large force. EVERY day she poops through at least one outfit, if not two. I didn't have this problem with Gavin. It is unexplainable...and super lady-like.

She LOVES her swing--she'd pretty much camp out in it and sleep in it all day if I let her. She likes the bouncy seat...not the activity mat. She's started to show her smiles pretty frequently when her brother is talking to her (usually only a few inches from her face).

She takes the bottle pretty well--I'm not very diligent on doing it every day but a few times a week at least and so far, no issues.

She's a Mama's girl. She loves her Mommy and is always turning her head and face to look where I am at. When Mommy comes around, her tears are usually less, the cries shorter and the smiles just a tad bigger and brighter....what she doesn't know yet is that she has the same affect on me.
We just love having babygirl in our family.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

awww...so sweet. Love the update! Hope I get to meet her soon!

Lisa Thomson said...

Can't believe she's 2 months old already! I love cuddling her and seeing her smile. What a peanut!

Carrie said...

Cutie pie! Love her, and just can't wait to see what she is going to be like as she grows up. :)