Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Little Picasso

The other day I was busy doing something and I suddenly stopped and realized it was silent in the house. As any mother knows, unless your kid(s) are confined to a crib or in bed sound asleep, quiet is usually not a good thing. I quickly called out to Gavin....who came running excitedly with a crayon in hand. I said, "oh you are coloring, where did you color?" (Keep in mind, I did not provide him with this crayon). He just pointed down and I asked him to show me. He went running to the back door and with the proudest grin, showed me he had colored all over our tile. I think he was especially excited about how he had fill in all the grout blue. Lucky me. What was I to do? We've never had this lesson before so...I simply told him that was a no-no and it was very naughty and we only color on paper. I couldn't give him a time-out b/c he really didn't know any better. I mean, the huge grin on his face alone told me that! At least it wasn't the walls....this time!










4 comments:

Carrie said...

You are clearly a much nicer Mom than I am. :) We had an "incident" today with Baking Soda and our living room rug. I too, thought it was a little too quiet only to find Zach sitting on the rug with a box of baking soda that he had gotten out of the fridge. He was "decorating" the rug w/ it and smiling away. I didn't react quite as nicely.. and he did get a time out. :)

Lisa Thomson said...

I think blue grout is a lovely choice in interior decorating! :)

Sarah Greenfield said...

Cooper did the exact same thing, but only on our white carpet, and of course also chose the color blue! What fun it is to be a mom :)

Jen said...

Well, Carrie, I have to admit, you probably have a much a lesser chance of a repeat occurence.