Monday, April 26, 2010

Letter to Sydney

Dear Sydney,

I cannot believe you are 5 months old already and I find myself wondering where the time has gone and how I could have ever been nervous for you to be here. We've gotten into a groove you and I and can't imagine a day without you in it. You are so special to me and I'm so excited God gave you to us. I never thought I'd have a daughter of my own...and although I would have been happy with whatever child God gave us, now that I have you, I can't think of being happy any other way.


I went to a funeral recently for a mom...and it made me think of my role in your life. I pray everyday that God will let me be an active participant in your life...when you learn to walk, say your first word, learn to read, ride a bike...when you have your first crush and your first heartbreak....for winning shots, graduations and proms....I hope to be by your side as you pick out your wedding dress, when you say 'I do' and the day you become a mother yourself. On that day, you'll truly understand and know my heart as I write this letter to you.

I hope God gives us a relationship that is unconditional and steadfast throughout the years but most of all, I hope it long-lasting. I hope he allows me to be physically present because being in your presence every day is such a joy.

Right now you are just a beautiful baby girl....5 months old...so relaxed and easy to smile. You are starting to giggle more and more and I cherish these moments. I am excited to see the girl and the woman you will be....and be there every step of the way.

I love you so much babygirl.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Lisa Thomson said...

Lovely! You capture the desires a mom's heart has toward a daughter...It truly is a special thing!

Lesley said...

So sweet, gonna make me cry. Thanks for sharing with us too!

Amanda A said...

That was super sweet! Syd is lucky to have you as her mom, one who cares so much about her and is absolutely in love with her! Loved reading it!