Monday, April 26, 2010

First Tooth

On Syd's 5 month birthday we made a discovery - HER VERY FIRST TOOTH!! This officially makes her not a "newborn" anymore. I can't believe it. Gavin did not get his first tooth until he was 9 months old and I anticipated much of the same from Syd. So much in fact that I ignored the following signs:

- Drooling. Big deal, Gavin was a drooler, in fact unfortunately he can still be a drooler. It doesn't mean a tooth is imminent.

- Always has a finger in her mouth...or yours. She LOVES chewing on her hands but won't take a paci so I assumed she was an "oral baby." If you put your hand close to her mouth, watch out, she'll eat it.

- Crabbiness. She's been clinging lately...but we've been traveling and her sleeping has been off and you just never know what it could be.

- Doctor Said So. At her 4 month appt the doctor told me her gums were swollen and she was teething. I told her that was crazy b/c Gavin didn't get teeth until 9 months. She said it may take a while for those teeth to come through but they were working on it. I promptly left the office and told everyone what a crackpot my dr. was.



So....I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, but I still am. (No pics yet, she won't keep her tongue still to get one.)

3 comments:

Lisa Thomson said...

Still can't believe she popped one out already...I need to see it in real life!

Carrie said...

Ha! I love her little arms up, arched back position!!! LOVED having time to spend w/ her this weekend. :)

Amanda A said...

I agree, I still cannot believe it! Wonder how long the others will take? :)