Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sweet Sweet Florida

The last few years, we've headed south in the winter to visit my Gram and Gramp and this year was no exception. However, this year we actually didn't go down until the first week of April...so waiting that long to go, made the enjoyment even sweeter. We had a great week relaxing, swimming, eating and enjoying each other. We all went to Naples first and the boys headed home midweek while my mom, Heather, Harrison, the kids and I went over to Fort Lauderdale for a few days. It was so fun--I'd do it all again if I could and that includes flying both legs of the trip without my husband! Yikes! As usual, Gavin lived the whole week with wrinkled skin from being in the pool so much and Syd actually had her first dip! They were both soaking up all the attention and had quite an adjustment coming home and not being showered by family. All in all, it was another great trip! We are so blessed!

A little Daddy/Daughter time.

Cute little Harrison LOVED his cousins...and they loved him!

"sharing"

My Uncle Chad did my hair.
Who you calling chunky?

Momma & Baby Girl.

An all kids swim.
Sydney's first time in a bathing suit and the water. (Actually, the second bathing suit, the first one cut off her circulation so it was a no-go).

Picture #17 of #54 (or something like that)...it was a good thought.

I. LOVE. HER.

We're super normal....
Auntie Lo and Uncle "Chach" got sucked in to a lengthy game of "pretend sleep" where Gavin makes the rules.
Splashing around with my two babies.
Harry & his Daddy.

The cutest little cast ever.

Thighs that'll make your heart melt.


Harry loves playing with Syd.

Construction Zone.

Shower time!

Gavin & Grandpa scoping out their "targets."

Big Jump!
Big Fish, Little Fish.

Gram & Gramp catching up with Sydney.

This is why I love my Gram.

Down he goes!

Luckiest. Kid. Ever.

There wasn't a game at the park Gram wasn't up for trying.
Lauderdale pool...shooting at Mommy...again.

My little swimmer.

All day long, all by himself...."no mama, big boy."

Finishing out the trip swimming with Mommy.

2 comments:

Lisa Thomson said...

Looks like a sweet time, indeed! Can't believe how "grown up" Gavin is, swimming by himself! And Syd is just the cutest little moosh ever.

Amanda A said...

So, so fun and great memories! Best pic of Syd EVER! She is so precious and Gavin is such a cute little man these days! What is your mom holding in the pic of her sleeping in the sun? Oh, and I love the pics of your Gram at the park, hilarious!