Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hand Me Downs

When Sydney was born my mom gave me some of my baby clothes. They are old and sweet. I think they are marked 12 months. I kept having good intentions of getting Sydney in them earlier than I did but just never did. As I jammed her chubbiness into these little dresses I was kicking myself. But still...I did it...I got pics...and she is adorable.





It is the above picture alone that for the first time ever, I looked at and said, oh my, that looks like me. I have a pic of me around the same age, I think in the same dress and this looks just like it. This may be the only time in life I can say that...but it exists...now, to find that picture and prove it. :)

4 comments:

Lesley said...

so cute Jen. Wish I had something from when I was little to hand down...I don't think the homemade cabbage patch kid with the scary glow in the dark is gonna cut it.

Carrie said...

So cute! Love her face in that first picture. Such a cutie! Can't wait to see her again. I agree... great that your Mom saved those.. I have nothing.

Lisa Thomson said...

What a cutie! Would love to do some side-by-side comparisons of her with baby Jenny!

Amanda A said...

Yes, I totally want to see your baby pic compared to Syd's! I love that your mom did this.... I have one dress saved for me that I wore on my first day to kindergarten and I cannot wait for Ella to wear it. Special mommy-daughter moments like these are great!