Monday, November 22, 2010

Sydney's 1st Birthday

Here's Sydney's account of Friday, November 19, 2010. Her very first birthday.

On my birthday, I went into my big brother Gavin's room and woke him up by jumping on the bed.

It is one of my FAVORITE activities.

My Mom dressed me in my "Birthday Girl" t-shirt she was so excited about and dragged us off to MOPS.

After my nap time, my cousins arrived--they smothered me with kisses.

But then I found my Uncle Nate (my current obsession) and he played bugs with me. (For the record, he also let me sit on his lap ALL weekend...awesome.)

Auntie Christa read me books (about babies no less, hello, I'm 1 now!)

I wished for a REAL puppy but my Mom kept putting this dumb thing in my lap.

Grandma spoiled me with attention and I ate it up.

Mom got a little crazy with me which makes me belly laugh.

But she also couldn't stop gushing to me all day about how I was 1 now and time goes so fast and she can't believe that this time last year she was in shock that she had a baby girl....blah, blah, blah...she can be a real sap sometimes.

Then my Grandpa and I got a Birthday serenade--our birthdays are only 7 days apart.

And I finally got my first birthday treat everyone had been talking about.

It was a bit melty but delicious.

My cousins and brother got one too.

I ate every last bit of that cupcake up....

...and LOVED it!!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome post! Glad to see you back on the blogging wagon. Sydney is adorable in those picks. Love it! She's a big girl now!! :)

Lesley said...

Such a cute post! Love it.

Lisa Thomson said...

cute post! happy birthday to sydney!

Amanda A said...

I just love her and her happy smiles - especially the last pic. Happy birthday Syd!