Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cold? Allergies? Teething?....WHAT!?!?

Ok, so as some of you know, Gavin has been a bit under the weather lately. Last week (pre-Florida trip) he was rocking a 104.2 fever and was very lethargic and out of it. We postponed flying for a day but when the fever subsided (probably due to gross amounts of Motrin and Tylenol) I took him to Florida for the weekend. Of course I questioned my own sanity and ability to be a good Mom for deciding to go about a million times. However, he seemed to be getting better with low-grade fever here and there but my gosh was he needy! He ONLY wanted Mommy and that is SO unlike him. When we took him to the Dr on Monday she said she wasn't sure if it was a small cold or allergies. Of course my Mom and Grandma are convinced it is teething. So...here we are back from FL, still with a very needy boy...no fever...a little stuffy nose...and no answers. We had to postpone his 1 year well visit until next week so I'll keep you posted on his "stats" then. At least he is sleeping better at night and there is a top tooth finally poking through...so who knows!?!? I guess we'll never know what the real cause was...I am just hoping it passes soon!

No comments: