Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Walking and Waving

Well we have FINALLY mastered two things in our house--walking and waving!!! Can you believe it? My son FINALLY decided to wave and honestly...I think it is so darn cute I make him do it like fifty times a day! Ha! Here is the scoop on both:

WALKING - I totally have not posted on this and I know I should have a while ago. Right around his 11 month birthday about 6 weeks ago, he started taking a few steps here and there. This obviously graduated to 5-6 steps and then 9-10 steps. Well, in the last 2 weeks (since the beginning of Sept) he has definitely been taking more risk when walking and this weekend, he nailed it. He now walks everywhere, picks things up along the way, carries them, can turn around and change directions...its crazy. As my dad says he still looks like a drunken sailor most of the time but he has gotten it down pat!

WAVING - It has taken 12 months but finally, he did it. Last week, he did it about three sporadic times but from Thurs on, he has been doing it non stop. He waves to us, to strangers, to his toys that say bye-bye...I love it...and I kinda think he loves it too. Can't wait to show off his new skill to everyone!

Ok...so if I ever figure out how to post video I will of both of these things but for some reason...it hasn't been working for us. I'll keep trying!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

First of all.. I cannot believe you "forgot" to mention this little fact to me! Yeah! Way to go Gavin! Now we are really in for it in Florida next month! Gavin & Zach are going to be all over the place...