Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One Year Old

"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

I seriously cannot believe my baby is ONE year old. It is so hard for me to think that an entire year has gone by since we took this little guy home from the hospital. As I think about those days preceding his birth, I just laugh thinking about how we didn't even know whether he was a boy or girl and as my contractions started....we had no idea what was in store for us. However, from the moment he was born, he sent us on a roller coaster ride called "the first year."

When we took him home and began to experience what "colic" was we thought we would never get through it and here we are...months later with an amazingly good-natured happy, healthy little boy. We have loved every minute of watching him grow over the last year and seeing his little personality becoming more and more defined. I can honestly say that Gavin has been the most wonderful gift and I love being a Mom more than I can express in words. He has changed me in ways that are inexplicable....he has changed how I view the world. It is amazing how one child can make you smile, laugh, cry and be in total awe of our Creator. God has given us the greatest blessing and we are humbled by his generosity.

Happy Birthday Gavin! We love you so much!


First picture ever taken of our little guy about 8 hours post-birth on 9/13/07.

My favorite of his first pictures--our early bonding.

From the beginning he was always very alert.

One year later....

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Oh Jen...can you believe it? Where does the time go?