Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Can I have a goose egg with that shiner?


I mean seriously...my kid is a disaster! Just after I have been explaining his black eye to people for the last few days, this morning he ups and takes a fall giving him the mother of all goose eggs on his forehead. He was playing next to me on the floor as Chad and I were "discussing" my lack of ability to get into my blog and I think he tripped....head first into the computer desk. His head is immediately huge and indented at the same time. It is so bad, I can hardly take him out in public. We had to go to the grocery store and I contemplated keeping his hat on the whole time....I didn't which led to MULTIPLE comments such as, "uh-oh, who has he been fighting?" or "i'd hate to see what the other guy looks like" or "poor little guy, look at his head." Probably behind all these comments are the thoughts, dude what is your mom's problem. I feel terrible everytime I look at him even though it isn't my fault. Thank GOODNESS his Christmas pics were last week! :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH.MY.WORD!!! I seriously laughed out loud. Poor Gavin! And I totally would have felt the same shame in public!

Amanda A said...

Gavin! Poor boy! I cannot believe it. At least he is smililng in the pic. Aren't you excited for more holiday parties now? :)

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh! This is so funny.. but I know it's not. Ben asked me if I had seen Gavin's goose egg on the blog, and I was like what? Poor child. The first of many, I am sure. :)