Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Playdate

Monday morning I hosted a Christmas playdate with fellow Moms and kids. In total it was to be 6 moms and 7 kids and we picked names for a gift exchange among the kids. All was good until Sunday when I got the following calls...

3:00 pm Mom #1 - Lauris has a cold, should I not come?
5:00 pm Mom #2 - Husband's Grandpa passed away and can we STILL come even though we'll be late b/c of the funeral.
7:00 pm Mom #3 - Elena has the flu and is puking everywhere, we're definitely out.
9:00 am the next morning Mom #4 - Are we still on? The roads are really bad and I'm not sure I should come.
After ALL of that...only Becca & Elena couldn't come due to the flu but the rest were all able to make it and the kids had fun opening gifts while we ate, drank coffee, ate, talked and drank more coffee. Here are some pics of the kids with their gifts...




2 comments:

Amanda A said...

Great pic! I love the one where Gavin is hugging Jackson - so cute! And the group one is good too. Thanks for hosting - we had a fun time!

Carrie said...

looks like you guys a fun time! what a great idea.