Friday, July 17, 2009

Physical Therapy

This week we had Gavin's first physical therapy appt at 7:45 am Monday morning. Overall, it went really well. He enjoyed playing with the super fun toys she brought especially b/c they are big and interactive and new. He bounced on some horse thing which focused on core strengthening, we played with a mini parachute which helps him keep two hands in front of him, we tried playing in different positions and with lots of different toys. The PT helped show me some things I can work on with Gavin at home which is helpful. I know that this therapy session each week can only help him but I'm hoping that we won't be doing it for long. In some ways, I have a hard time understanding what it is exactly that is going to help with speech and I have a hard time recognizing Gavin's weaknesses. We can't start OT though for about 7 weeks so until then, we'll focus on PT and hope it helps. Once we start OT, I'm praying that we'll be able to cut back on the PT. We'll see. I am just trying to be open to what the therapists say and open to what God wants for Gavin.

1 comment:

Amanda A said...

I completely forgot to ask you about that, sorry! Glad it's going well, even so early!