Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Italy Anniversary Getaway!

Chad and I went on a 10 day trip to Italy to celebrate our 10 year anniversary! I can't believe we did it....and I can't believe it is over! We'd been planning and researching for months...booking airfare (for free!!), tours, hotels, places, etc. We decided to do a few days in Rome then head to the Amalfi coast and leave from Naples with a stop in Pompei on our way out. We set up our sitters-- Chad's parents from Friday when we left until Monday and then my parents the rest of the week. We were all set, researched, ready to go and I had such a pit in my stomach! I was suddenly so nervous about leaving the kids. I'm not going to lie, the days preceding were filled with anxiety for me. However, I was also so excited about the prospect of having time just Chad and I to explore Italy.

So....we did it and it was AMAZING. I'm telling you hands down....best trip we've done together. It was so fun to explore and sightsee together during the day and enjoy long two hour dinners at night. We were on noone's schedule but our own. We did what we want...when we wanted...as a team. We had conversations that weren't just "an exchange of information." So many days our conversations just give updates, tidbits and information about our days, kids, whereabouts, etc. In Italy we sat for hours over delicious Italian food and wine and talked and laughed and people watched.

Italy was beautiful and a perfect vacation for us. So....coming up in a post for each day I'll break it down. Great way to spend our 10 year anniversary (5 months early) and remember just exactly how much we do like to spend time together. :) So happy we went and so happy to have Chad!

Now to commence the love fest...

1 comment:

Lisa Thomson said...

this all sounds so dreamy! so glad you guys got to get away together and enjoy each other!