Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I love Mother's Day. I've said it a million times. I love a day that celebrates moms. That being said, I also love it because it's a day that really reminds how blessed I am. Being a Mom is truly the greatest earthly gift God has given me. Honestly, when I look at my kids, my heart is so full I feel like it could burst. However, there are countless days (and I seriously don't want to count) when I struggle, question and wrestle with the children God gave me....Mother's Day helps me remember exactly that....God gave them to me. He knew that as ill-equipped as I feel at times and in spite of all my inadequacies, that I would be the best Mom for them. What did I do to deserve these two amazing kids that were created in His image? How can I possibly be good enough for them? I don't know--but I love them more than life itself--and I will spend my whole life trying to be the Mom God intended and remembering to thank Him every step of the way for each of them.

Here's to being a super lucky Mom!

A little Gavin love.

With my two blondies!

Gorgeous day in Michigan!

Happy.

Sydney and Kate.

Mommy & Gavin.

So happy for a sister-in-law & friend to help me along the way!

Heart bursting...right now with this picture.

Sweet Sydney.

Grandma Norton and Mom H....ironically matching.


So happy to celebrate with Norton/Harris Moms.


At first there was one....

....along came another...

and yet another (that wouldn't put her hands on the grass).


At home that night for a little fun outside.

Cheese!

Very independent - no help up or down please. Love capturing a natural smile.Swinging.
Monkey see, monkey do.

2 comments:

Megs said...

the picture with Syd not putting her hands in the grass is classic!

Lisa Thomson said...

Love your family photo. You are a beautiful and awesome mom!