Friday, June 5, 2009

Big Brother Status



I know this post is way overdue but I'm finally making it official...Gavin is going to be a big brother! Yep, Baby Harris #2 is cookin' away as we speak and is due to arrive sometime late November. In fact, my actual due date is THANKSGIVING DAY (Nov 26)!!

Seriously...we're excited...and nervous...and well, frankly, I might be in a little bit of denial. It is so hard for me to imagine loving another little baby as much as I do Gavin and I even asked my mom, "how can I not be your favorite" b/c at this point no one will measure up to the love I have for my first born baby. Everyone keeps telling me its normal to feel that way but its just so hard to comprehend.

So far this pregnancy has been different from Gavin's in that I was much sicker and felt nauseous from morning until night up until about 3 weeks ago (I'm currently 15 weeks) at which point it began tapering off but still seems to rear its ugly head from time to time. Also, aside from the times I feel sick, I'm so busy with Gavin, I forget I'm pregnant. I'm SO much less obsessed which I guess is normal. I mean, should I have cracked open "What To Expect" this time around...because I haven't.

Anyway, as I said...what a blessing God has given us and for that we are very excited. When I (often) feel the nagging anxiety creeping up inside me (like how am I going to ever go to Target again) I just remind myself that the reason God gave us this child right now is because He has amazing plans for him/her someday. And that's something worth seeing.

5 comments:

Amanda A said...

Gavin is going to be such a good older brother... he is so helpful to Jackson and so sweet! And I feel you on the sickness, I was the same way (from about 6 weeks to 14 weeks) and every once in a while after that. Yuck! But SO worth it! Congrats again!

Lisa Thomson said...

Once again, congrats! we are so excited for baby #2! And will be praying for you along the way.... :)

Bethany Boer said...

YIPEE!!! That is awesome news!! Congrats!!!!!

Lesley said...

We are soooo excited for you guys! Congrats again! Love to you all.

Carrie said...

That's cute! I love the shirt. Can't wait to meet this new baby boy or girl! :)