Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day is such an important day...one that should definitely be recognized and celebrated. We love the chance to tell our Dads that raised us how grateful we are and how much we love them still. Now, I love the opportunity to tell the father of my child(ren) how much HE is appreciated.

Moms often feel under-appreciated and that all of our "hard work" goes unrecognized. Frankly, Mom's deserve their own day (maybe more than one truthfully) but I'll be the first to admit so do Dads. Especially Gavin's Dad--who works hard every day so I can spend time at home with our little monster. This is the Dad who will instill in Gavin his strong work ethic which Gavin will see through Chad's dedication to doing his job well and with integrity. It isn't easy being a "summer widow" (as I like to refer to myself when Chad works 24/7 in the summer) but I know that it takes a strong man to work as hard and as dilligently as possible...only to come home and dedicate every spare moment to us. It is easy to claim his priorities are in the wrong order through the summer months...but looking closer, it is so easy to see they are EXACTLY how they should be. For that, Gavin and I (and baby Harris currently making small taps in my belly) are very grateful.

Anyway...enough blubbering about how much we love Daddy in our household...on Father's Day we hosted my fam and those in the extended Yonker family that were around at our house. I think we had 10 adults, 4 kids. It was a fun day where we grilled out and watched the US Open (many would argue a perfect Father's Day). Unfortunately, Chad had to go to work that night but at least we got lots of time together during the day.

Four generations of Yonkers:

Harrison, Kyle, Dad & Grandpa

Grandma & Grandpa with their two grandsons.

Grandma & Grandpa trying to reign in 4 of their 7 great grandbabies.

Gavin and his Daddy.

No comments: