Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Babymoon Part 2

In an effort to spend a little time together before baby #2 arrives, Chad and I spent a weekend "away" downtown Chicago. It was a way for us to spend some time together and without Gavin before our lives get totally crazy again...and as a bonus, a way to celebrate our 8 years of marriage at the end of September. We had a great time relaxing, eating (long enjoyable dinners that don't involve chicken fingers, macaroni & cheese or sippy cups) and taking in the sights of the city. It was a much needed re-connect weekend and it felt great to have that time together. Meanwhile--thanks to my Mom & Dad who had Gavin all weekend and treated him to lots and lots of fun play time.

Rainy skies were pushed out by the sun Saturday morning.
River view. The infamous bean...apparently everyone HAS to take this picture??

Me with my 8 month bean.

Most crowded place we were all weekend.

Just yay to us.

City view from Sears tower Skydeck.

Nope, not liking this at all...in fact, my fingers are sweating as I type..seriously.
All glass cut-out on floor 103--top, sides, bottom...terrifying.

Crazy.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow Jen, looks like a great weekend! And you look fabulous! Can't wait to meet the new babe.

Lisa Thomson said...

So nice that you guys got to spend some qt together! I agree with Lesley, you look so pretty in your pics!

Amanda A said...

Fun! I want to see the Sears tower thing, but I agree - nervous! Glad you guys had a good time.