Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

I was very excited this year to carve pumpkins with Gavin....knowing he would love the mess and the fun and it seemed like it would be such a fun activity. Well, here is what I wasn't prepared for:

1 - Gavin doesn't like the goop in the pumpkins. It's apparently NOT fun for him to touch.

2 - Gavin wants all the sharp tools that Mommy & Daddy are holding.

3 - When Gavin doesn't get said tools, he'll spend most of this "family time" either whining or crying.

4 - Starting this process an hour before his bed time is not sufficient time to gut and carve our 3 pumpkins.

All in all..we still had lots of jack-o-latern fun.....

Getting started.

Doing good so far.

Watching Dad take out goop.

He looks like he's all for it...but his little arm can't reach a thing in that pumpkin.

What the heck am I reaching for?!?!?

"Not a chance am I grabbing all that!"
Helping Daddy carve.
Gavin's finished product.

Trying to blow out the candle.

Happy Halloween.

Our finished product.

Yep, I made Chad do this.

Nope, he definitely did NOT make me do this.

Which is bigger..my pumpkin or belly...choose wisely.

2 comments:

Lisa Thomson said...

love the pics! especially the last one!

Amanda A said...

Whoa, you guys did some good carving. I am impressed! And I stick with my opinion that your belly is not that big!!