Friday, October 2, 2009

Awesome Mom

I'm a super awesome mom. Let me tell you why....

When it started getting cold, I knew it was way past time to get Gavin a new pair of shoes and push all the sandals to the back of the closet. I had noticed recently (a bit longer than recently actually) that his little toes were definitely to the tops of his sandals but I just kept thinking....if we can only make it to fall, I won't have to invest in a bigger size sandal.

Oh, we made it to fall alright (with no shortage of cramming Gavin's feet into his shoes mind you)....in fact, a few days I felt guilty I didn't have something warmer to put on this kid's feet. So off we went to the store to get Gavin his new "kicks."

We walked into the store in a size 6 shoe.

We walked out of the store in a 7 1/2 shoe.

Awesome, mom. Real awesome.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

LOL! Ha ha...I so did this too with Grant. How funny!

Lisa Thomson said...

You can't blame a mom for trying to be frugal, right?!? Hopefully Gavin's piggies are happy, now. :)

Amanda A said...

Ha ha, that is pretty funny! But you never saw Gavin complain (at least I didn't). Thanks for posts like this... glad we can laugj at ourselves!